Lead Combative Instructor & Assistant APSS Instructor
Tim has spent the greater part of the last 15 years training Full Contact Fighters for both Cage and Ring fighting. He began his “No Hold Barred Fighting” career in 1992, and retired in 1996 with an amateur/pro 17-3 record, in order to pursue other avenues of employment and development. Jon Tripp met Tim in the summer of 2010 in Mexico. It was at this time Tim demonstrated some of his hand-to-hand and rope fighting expertise to Jon. The sheer knowledge, expertise and professionalism of Tim were impressive to say the least. Jon then talked with, and trained with Tim on subsequent periods. Jon was so impressed that he invited Tim to take the lead on further developing Jon’s Executive Protection Combatives. The current level taught at the school is Level One, and is the minimum of Combative training necessary within the field of Personal Protection. Tim and Blake Roberts (also an instructor here at NATC), are working together in developing Levels Two & Three Executive Protection Combatives, and we hope to have this available within the next 4-6 months. We are pleased to inform you that as of 2012, not only has Tim agreed to join NATC as an instructor, but also at the age of 42, Tim has returned to the world of submission fighting with Cage FX. The following is some of the work experience Tim gained during his fight “retirement” period between 1996 and 2012:
- State Correctional Officer for the Massachusetts Department of Correction.
- Member of the Massachusetts Department of Correction Tactical Team. Norfolk / Walpole Massachusetts.
- Member of the International Blade Fighter Guild. With Thomas Sotis
- Special Trainer and Instructor of Private Security Groups in Boston Massachusetts
- Hand to Hand Combatives trainer for Recruits of the Massachusetts Department of Corrections.
- Accepted as a student of UFC 1+2 and Pancrase Japan Fighter Jason Delucia
- Assisted in the rewriting and developing of the Self Defense and use of force Policy used by 4 different State/Federal Departments of Correction.
- Lead Hand-to-Hand Combat trainer for all 3 regional Tactical Teams for the Massachusetts Department of Corrections.
- Trained Military personnel in CQC and Force Entry Tactics.
- Team Leader on the Walpole Massachusetts Tactical Team Unit used in all Major facility disturbances until 2002.
- Advanced Weapons “Trainer of Trainers” in Filipino Martial Arts
- Security for the New England Patriots Home Games. Crowd Control & Player Security
- Head trainer of Champion Mike Bruce in Mixed Martial Arts.
- Personal Protection of Major Club Owners in Boston Ma. (Money Transport and Transportation of Client)
- Stick Grappling Instructor
- Private Security Specialist in Boston Massachusetts (Celebrities/Government Officials)
- Head of security for Major clubs in Boston Massachusetts.
- Rope Fighting Instructor for Seminars in the USA.
- Stunt Coordinator for “Indie Films”… Boston Based
- Creator / Owner of PCS-5 Submission Fighting Systems used in 12 Martial Arts schools (as of 2011 PCS-5 has been recognized as a Full Combat system).
- Worked on Major Motion pictures in the Boston Massachusetts Area. (The Fighter-Here Comes The Boom) Mixed Martial Arts / Fight Scenes
- Owner of Gilletts Mixed Martial Arts in Tiverton R.I.